Why Become a Medical Assistant in FloridaCompumed
Have you considered a career as a medical assistant in Florida? There are many reasons why you may want to become a medical assistant. Find out what you can achieve in this career field below!
Reasons to Become a Medical Assistant
People enter this career for many different reasons. Perhaps some of them will connect with you, too!
- Medical assistants are in high demand. Baby Boomers are now needing more care as they age, and people are generally going to the doctor more.
- Medical assistants do not need a college degree to start. Practical training will give you an edge in the workforce, though.
- Medical assistants earn higher-than-minimum-wage salaries depending on where you work. The median pay in the United States is $16.73 an hour.
- Medical assistants may find the job rewarding if they feel like they are helping people.
- Medical assistants can begin right out of high school.
- Medical assistants have room for growth on the job.
- Medical assistants tend to have stability in their careers.
- You can enter the field at any point in your life.
Begin a Career in Medical Assisting
You can prepare for an entry-level career as a medical assistant at CompuMed Vocational Careers, Corp. The program can be completed in as little as 45 weeks. That is less than a full year!
What you learn goes beyond typical lectures and textbooks. You need to have the basic medical knowledge in your memory, but you also need to have practical skills. The program shows you how to succeed as a medical assistant in the field.
Your classes will include anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and office procedures. Then you will also take courses in specialities like radiology, blood work, and urinalysis.
If you like working with a variety of people, then a career as a medical assistant may be a great fit for you! It is a career that involves a lot of patient interaction on behalf of nurses and physicians.
Contact us to learn more about this career. We can answer your questions and help you to enroll.