COMPU-MED VOCATIONAL CAREERS, CORP.
Hialeah Main School
2900 West 12th Ave, 3rd Floor
Hialeah, FL 33012
Miami Branch School
11401 SW 40th St, 1st Floor, Suite 150
Miami, FL 33165
- Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp., is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education, 325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1414, Tallahassee, Florida 32399, Tel. (850) 245 – 3200, Toll Free (888) 224 – 6684.
- Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp. (Hialeah and Miami) are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) at 2101 Wilson Blvd; Suite # 302, Arlington, Virginia 22201. Tel. (703) 247-4212.
- Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp. (Hialeah and Miami) are participating in Financial Aid programs supported by the U.S. Department of Education. (Title IV Programs)
- Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp. (Hialeah and Miami) is a training vendor on the Individual Training Account (ITA) with South Florida Work Force Investment Board (SFWFIB)
Main Campus and Branch Locations
- Hialeah-Main Campus is located at 2900 West 12th Avenue, 3rd Floor, Hialeah, Florida 33012. In this building are included the main offices with the Central Administration and related areas. Hialeah Main Campus has 6,600 square footage of space, with five classrooms, four labs, two resource systems, seven offices, lobby and two bathrooms.
- Miami-Branch new location August 2016, located at 11401 SW 40th St, 1st Floor, Suite 150, Miami, FL 33165. Miami Branch School has 6,600 square footage of space, with four classrooms, three labs, resource system, three offices, four bathrooms, reception and lounge areas.
Each facility is a shopping center, centrally air conditioned, with medical and dental laboratories, well equipped as well as comfortable classrooms, reception area, Director-Student Services and adequate parking areas. Audiovisual materials are incorporated to the theoretical classes to enhance the quality of instruction.
Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp. was founded in May of 1990, and the corporation was organized in September of 1989. At that time, the school was called Medical and Dental Training Center. In July of 2000, we changed the name of our school, and we are now called Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp.
The school first obtained a grant of accreditation in 1994 and received a renewal of its Accreditation in 1996.
In April of 1998, the school established a Branch facility in Miami, Florida. The school began offering classes in Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant, and Nursing Assistant, now called Patient Care Technician program, in May of 1998. Initial accreditation for this location was received in May of 1999. In October of 2000, our Branch facility was situated at 9738 S.W. 24th Street, Miami, Florida. Both schools obtained renewal of accreditation in February of 2012 through February of 2017. In August 2016, Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp. Branch School changed its location to 11401 SW 40th St, 1st Floor, Suite 150, Miami, FL 33165.
Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp. is affiliated with the following organizations:
- Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges (FAPSC)
- Association of Private Colleges and Schools of South Florida (APCS)
- National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
- National Association of Dental Assistant (NADA)
- Career Source South Florida (CSSF)
- Hialeah Chamber of Commerce.
Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp. received the following awards from:
2005 – The Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges (FAPSC) : School of the Year Award and Instructor of the Year Award
2007 – School of the Year Award from National Association for Health Professionals.
2017 – The National Association for Health Professionals has designed a special award The Lamp of Learning Acknowledgement of Academic Excellence for those exceptional schools that excel in students academic achievements for a period of 10 consecutive years.
2018 – The National Association for Health Professionals has awarded Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp. for the 2nd year in a row the Lamp of Learning Achievement Award for our certification testing scores and applicants for the 2017.
In 2015 Compu-Med Vocational Careers, Corp. was approved by the Florida Department of Health, Division of Medical Quality Assurance, and Board of Dentistry for Expanded Duty and Dental Radiology programs located in Hialeah Main Campus.
In 2017 Compu-Med was granted a renewal of accreditation for both schools Main and Branch for a period of 5 years.