Compu-Med’s Practical Nursing remedial course is open to people who have taken the NCLEX three consecutive times and not passed it or who have not practiced as a PN in five years and want to re-enter the field. (more…)
There are many benefits to taking nursing remedial courses. If you have a dream to become a nurse but have taken the NCLEX and not passed it three times, you can still reach your career goals. Nursing remedial courses are now available at Compu-Med with daytime and evening classes. These classes are currently offered at the Miami-Kendall location. (more…)
Compu-Med Vocational Careers (Compu-Med) announces their new two-year Nursing Program which starts May 10th, 2021. For over 30 years Compu-Med has been teaching Medical Assistants, Dental Assistants and Patient Care Technicians in South Florida and they are traveling upstream by now offering their first Associate of Science Degree program in Nursing. Compu-Med has two locations in Hialeah & Kendall Florida. The President & Founder, Mayra Rodriguez stated that, “It is amazing how far we have come. We have been offering diploma level programs for 30 years and we are so proud that we are able to offer this new program to our community.”This new program will allow graduates the opportunity to sit for the NCLEX exam to ultimately become a Registered Nurse. Compu-Med Vocational Careers is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Career Schools & Colleges, approved by the Florida Board of Nursing and is Licensed by Means of Accreditation from the Florida Department of Education. For more information please visit the website at www.compumed.edu.Compu-Med anuncia nuestro nuevo programa de enfermería.Compu-Med Vocational Careers (Compu-Med) anuncia su nuevo programa de enfermería de dos años que comienza el 10 de Mayo de 2021.Durante más de 30 años, Compu-Med ha estado enseñando a asistentes médicos, asistentes dentales y técnicos de atención al paciente en el sur de Florida y seguimos creciendo al ofrecer el primer programa de grado Asociado en Ciencias de Enfermería. Compu-Med tiene dos ubicaciones, en Hialeah y Kendall Florida.La presidenta y fundadora, Mayra Rodríguez, afirmó que “es asombroso lo lejos que hemos llegado. Hemos estado ofreciendo programas de nivel de diploma durante 30 años y estamos muy orgullosos de poder ofrecer este nuevo programa a nuestra comunidad ".Este nuevo programa permitirá a los graduados la oportunidad de presentarse al examen NCLEX para convertirse en una enfermera titulada.Compu-Med Vocational Careers está acreditada por la Comisión de Acreditación de Escuelas y Universidades Profesionales, aprobada por la Junta de Enfermería de Florida y está autorizada por medio de acreditación del Departamento de Educación de Florida. Para obtener más información, visite el sitio web en www.compumed.edu.Contact Robert Bonds at 412-335-4954 for more information.
At Compu-Med Vocational Careers, it is possible to become a dental assistant in Florida in as little as 10 months. The Dental Assistant Program is 45 weeks long. A full year is 52 weeks, so what can you do in less than a year? Starting your path to a potential new career as a dental assistant begins when you enroll in classes.(more…)
Choosing a tech school can be hard. There are many options from which a student can choose. After being in career education for more than 30 years, Compu-Med is giving you the top three reasons why you should choose Compu-Med Vocational Careers as your technical school of choice in Dade County! (more…)
There are many benefits of attending Compu-Med Vocational Career School (CMVC), and here in this article we are going to talk about five of those benefits, in hopes to help you make your decision to attend CMVC a little easier.
1. Affordable- Not only does Compu-Med have financial aid available to those who qualify, our tuition is beyond affordable compared to many schools in the area. Our total cost of tuition is $7,600.00 for the entire program. Compare that price to other schools in the area who offer the same degree and you will be surprised.
2. Open Enrollment – Compu-Med classes start almost every month, which makes it easy for students to attend school quickly. Call or email Oscar to find out the requirements to start school. Classes start on December 9th! 305-417-8026 or email@example.com
3. Accredited – Did you know that Compu-Med is nationally accredited? Compu-Med is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). Also, Compu-Med is a proud member of the Florida Association of Private Schools and Colleges (FAPSC).
4. Great Programs – By Attending Compu-Med Vocational Careers you can study to become a Dental Assistant, Medical Assistant or a Patient Care Technician. These programs help students join the workforce in as little as 45 weeks.
5. Faculty – Compu-Med faculty and staff are a caring group of individuals that help students obtain the degrees they want to live the lives they deserve. All Compu-Med faculty have industry experience in their particular field which makes the learning environment engaging.
For more great benefits, schedule a tour of the campus by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We have two locations to serve you!
Going to college can be difficult, especially when you think about how to afford it. In this article we will talk about three benefits of attending Compu-Med Vocational Careers and how Financial Aid could help you make it more affordable than you ever thought.
At Compu-Med Vocational Careers students can study to become a Dental Assistant, Medical Assistant or a Patient Care Technician.
1. Applying for Federal Financial Aid is a free process and is a risk-free way to find out if you qualify for Grants or Loans. By completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Compu-Med Financial Aid advisors can tell you if you qualify for grants that could help you make the dream of graduating college come true.
2. The Department of Education determines if a student is eligible for federal student aid. The determination is based on many factors and this is why the application is completed. The Department of Education reviews the information provided by the student on the FAFSA to calculate the amount of eligibility of both student loans and grants. Timing is critical depending on where you live. There is also a possibility of state grants, if you complete your FAFSA before the state deadline. Our Financial Aid team can help see if you qualify for these state grants.
3. Finally, Once Department of Education has determined your federal aid eligibility, the next step would be to locate any additional funds to help support your educational dream. Reach out to organizations to see if they offer any assistance. Local organizations could possibly offer grants or scholarships to students who are starting in a particular field. Contact your church, civic organization and even your employer. Employer tuition reimbursement can also be a great way to help reduce the cost of attending college.
In Conclusion, while Compu-Med’s tuition is affordable, following the top three suggestions could help you make it even more affordable.
For more information on any Compu-Med programs, start dates or help with your fafsa please email email@example.com.
See you in class,
Becoming a Patient Care Technician (PCT) is a dream that can come true with Compu-Med Vocational Careers. We will discuss three benefits of becoming a PCT with Compu-Med Vocational Careers in Miami & Hialeah.
PCT's can work in many environments including hospitals, medical practices, hospice centers, and retirement communities.
You will learn a lot from becoming a patient centered employee such as a PCT. The skills you will learn as a PCT include physical exams, how to manage a medical chart, how to take blood pressure, draw blood, and how to collect a tissue sample.
You will lay your head down at night knowing you make a difference. As a PCT your primary goal will be to work with various patients each day by helping with meals and changing bandages. The satisfaction of helping someone's quality of life is a great feeling.
To find out how you can start your career as a PCT email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oscar at 786-542-5210.
Becoming a Dental Assistant is a dream that can be reached with Compu-med Vocational Careers!
Compu-med’s dental assisting program provides you with hands-on training, externships and knowledge to enter the work force in as little as 10 months. We even provide job placement assistance.
Classes are offered during the day and night, Monday through Thursday. Email us at email@example.com to schedule a tour of one of our two locations in Miami & Hialeah, FL.
For more information on the benefits of becoming a dental assistant, please see the link below for statistics from the bureau of labor and statistics.
One of my students and her husband were going thru the process to buy a car at one of the local dealers. By coincidence, I had just taught the class how to use the PMT function with Excel. The next day after they had completed the transaction, she would tell us an anecdote about it. It results that she had obtained the calculation using the PMT function, based on the values given, principal, interest, rate, and interest period (number of payments/months). This calculation allowed her to learn the maturity value or the total amount comprised by the principal + interest, they would have paid at the end, after finished making payments. Then, when the salesman presented the documentation for them “just to sign”, she noticed a discrepancy between the results she obtained and those by the salesman. Therefore, she asked the salesman to explain where that extra amount had come from, and so she found out the salesman had added charges they were not aware of. He, not happy at all, had to remove them, finally matching the amounts.
These things happen very commonly during this specific type of purchase. Salesmen make the buyers wait, usually for hours, with the purpose of wearing down their patience, turning them so anxious that they want just to sign the work papers and go home. Strategy that usually works. It should not happen to you, learn how to use the PMT Excel function. Let’s do it.
With Excel opens, enter the following data:
In cell C2 enter Rate:In cell C3 enter # of payments:In cell C4 enter Principal:In cell C5 enter Payment:In cell D2 enter 7%In cell D3 enter 24In cell D4 enter $5,000.00
No data is entered in cell D5; just have it selected, with the focus remaining on it.
Note: You may change the rate, the number of payments/months, and/or the principal for any value you want now. However, once we have obtained the result, you can change the values too, and the formula will update the value of the previous result.
At this point, we have paralleled values on column C and D, except for cell D5, where we will have our seek value produced by the formula, which is the amount of the monthly payments.
Make sure the focus is still on cell D5. Click on the Formulas tab, following by a click on the “Financial” group. A functions list is displayed; scroll down until you see the “PMT” function and click to select it. Its dialog box will open. Follow the steps below:
Click on the Rate box to place the cursor in it.
Click on cell D2 in the spreadsheet. Its reference will appear.
After the D2 reference, type a forward slash ( / ) followed by the number 12 - in the Rate line of the dialog box. This gives you the interest rate per month.
Click on the Nper box to place the cursor there.
Click on cell D3 in the spreadsheet.
Click on the Pv box.
Type a minus sign ( - ) and then click on cell D4 in the spreadsheet.
Click OK in the dialog box.
The answer $223.86 appears in cell D5.
When you click on cell D5 the complete function = PMT (D2/12, D3, - D4) appears in the formula bar above the worksheet.
You can save the work, so you can reuse it anytime in the future. Let us know what you think about this post, or post your comment.