- Click on the Rate box to place the cursor in it.
- Click on cell D2 in the spreadsheet. Its reference will appear.
- After the D2 reference, type a forward slash ( / ) followed by the number 12 - in the Rate line of the dialog box. This gives you the interest rate per month.
- Click on the Nper box to place the cursor there.
- Click on cell D3 in the spreadsheet.
- Click on the Pv box.
- Type a minus sign ( - ) and then click on cell D4 in the spreadsheet.
- Click OK in the dialog box.
- The answer $223.86 appears in cell D5.